Monday, July 26, 2010

the bible.

I think I forgot how powerful the Word of God is. I forgot the source of strength that one can attain from it. There is so much power and so much knowledge that is held within those pages. It is the living breathing Word of God. It should be memorized and recited ... it should be the first thing I pick up no matter what the situation. It is a cure for all mankind. I want to be so aware of Him and so in tune with what He is requiring of me that I look to the source of His strength before even processing my own despair. This is what I desire.... this is what I need. I want to know Him so much more than I do and the ironic thing about this is the simple fact that He has given me everything that I need to do just that. The challenge is that my desire must meet up with my own discipline. I can say that I desire to know Him but if I am not purposely making time to do just that then it isn't just going to happen on its own.

No comments: